Monday, June 20, 2011

Setting: The Theater

There's no business like show business


Like no business I know
Everything about it is appealing

Everything the traffic will allow

No where could you have that happy feeling

Like when you're stealing that extra bow

There's no people like show people

They smile when they are low
-From "There's No Business Like Show Business."

So much of my book revolves around the theater. In my head the theater at Hannah's school looks something like a cross between my high school theater and this:

Photo by Steve Lakatos found at http://www.schooldesigner.com/

So many of my high school memories revolve around theater and our auditorium with the cracked red seats that felt like they were covered with cheap carpet. My favorite production I was in was Bye Bye Birdie.

What was your high school auditorium like?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment