Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Author Interview: Lisa Greer

Today I am pleased to share an interview with fellow Astraea author, Lisa Greer.

Question:  Tell me a little about yourself (including your favorite/recommended reads) and how you started writing.

Lisa:  I'm an English teacher and tutor and now, writer. I started dabbling in writing romance about this time last year (August 2010). My favorite novels include DuMaurier's Rebecca, anything by Barbara Michaels, and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Image Detail
Question: Tell me about Cries From The Past. Where did the idea come from?Lisa: The idea came from... I wonder if I could do that? I wanted to blend gothic romance with the Amish genre, and I noticed that one of my publishers, Astraea Press, was looking for Amish romance at the time.

Question: What upcoming releases do you have?
Lisa: Right now, I'm polishing a manuscript, so I don't have anything upcoming for a few months at least. I'm working on another gothic romance novel set in Alabama called Locked in Time. It's almost done. Another I'm working on is set in the wilds of British Columbia, and the title will be something like Call of the Darkling Loon. :)

Question: What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

Lisa: Write every day. Set a schedule or amount of time each day you want to write and do it. Hone your craft, and work on your weaknesses, and never give up. It's such an exciting time to be a writer because there are so many ways to get published and tons of great small presses. You will likely get rejections. In fact, I just got one today! But the feedback I got with it was great. Keep writing and submitting and working on being your best. You will succeed in time.

Question: Can you share something about one of the main characters in an upcoming release/WIP?

Lisa: The hero is a hot history professor named Ezra English. I love the name, and he was an orphan who has some secrets to guard in small town Alabama.

Question: Can you share a favorite quote from an upcoming release?

Lisa: He gave the place a quick glance and eased inside. “Sorry. I know I'm acting a little strange. It's just that I had a dream about this house once, almost a year ago now.” (from Secrets of Summerspelle)

Question: What hobbies do you enjoy?

Lisa: I enjoy writing, reading, walking, and reviewing books.

Question: Where can people find you on the web?Facebook: LisaGreerAuthor

No comments:

Post a Comment