Saturday, August 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: The Hidden Door

Today I'm sharing a little snippet of a Halloween novella, which will be available later this year through Astraea Press.

The dark edifice of the castle looms overhead. I can see the space left vacant by the gargoyle of the hidden door legend. And just like that I feel the old spark of curiosity light within me. I can’t remember a time when the mystery surrounding the gargoyle didn’t fascinate me to the edge of obsession. The way some parents tell their kids fairy tales at bedtime, mine told me the Legend of the Hidden Door.


“I don’t think we knew what we were looking for.” Justin slams the car door shut, making no effort to mask the tension in his voice. “Let’s go.”

 
Check out more great stories at the Six Sentence Sunday website.

5 comments:

  1. Great six - very intriguing. I liked Justin's reaction constrasting her fascination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing six! Love Halloween stories. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked her inner reflection. For me, it built up the Legend's fascination as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the way you drew me in. The slam of that car door brought me back to reality. Good six sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kewl. Legend of the Hidden Door-I like it. Brings up all kinds of questions. I was wondering just what kind of family she had.

    ReplyDelete