Monday, August 29, 2011

You Say It's Your Birthday

It's my birthday today! I'm 32. :)

My husband is 31 today.

So is his twin sister.

I have no problem getting older. The number doesn't really mean much to me. What I accomplish means more. Who I become. What I do with my time. All that good stuff.

For my 32nd year I have two quotes I am going to try to live out.

1. "The cheerful heart has a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15
2. "Do not leave for tomorrow what can be done today." Abraham Lincoln

I want to spend my time in gratitude, celebrating all the amazing things in my life. My husband and my children. The town in which we live. Our family and friends. The stories I write, the books I read, the things I create.

Laziness, crankiness, and cynicism have no place in my life. I want to banish them back to the darkness where they belong.

I have a whole list of specific goals for the upcoming year. I have lists coming out my ears. I love lists. But I am not going to share any of those lists here today. Mainly because they are only relevant to me.

The overarching goals that I have, though, feel important enough for me to talk about. Like living out gratitude. And spending more time savoring the moment, rather than rushing from one moment to the next. I'd like to live a simpler life.

More than anything, I want to enjoy the year to the fullest of my ability.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I'll be 32 in September... and I finished reading 'Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' just yesterday!

    ...weird coincidence :)

    ...oh, I wandered over from SSS, so I better read that post now ;)