Saturday, September 10, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: In The Spotlight

Today's Six come from my novel, In the Spotlight.



Kaylee leaned over and whispered, “He sounds just like a Disney character.”

I wanted to laugh at that. You know, make some crack about how he sounded like Le Fou from Beauty and the Beast or Pumba from The Lion King, but I couldn’t because Josh Larson didn’t sound like either of those characters. And if anyone but Kaylee had said hat to me, I would have thought they were crazy. But that’s the thing. I totally understood what Kaylee meant. Josh sounded like a prince in a Disney movie, the lead guy who’s swoon-­‐‑worthy even if he is a cartoon.

Check out more at http://www.sixsunday.com/

If you like what you have read, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice. I had a crush on the prince in The Little Mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comparison to Disney cartoon heroes. Just about everybody can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! This is awesome :) Such an unusual comparison, it's fun and unique... and since I'm an animation nut, I love it all the more ;)

    ...as long as he doesn't burst into a cheesy song...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Love that she gets Kaylee's true meaning! Tender Six!

    ReplyDelete