Monday, September 19, 2011

What'd you do this weekend?

I spent a good chunk of my weekend reading. It was such a relief in so many ways. I flew through Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik, A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard, and the graphic novel Return to the Labyrinth v.1 by Jake T. Forbes.
Generally I am a fast reader. I retain stories well. In grade school I alway scored highest on reading comprehension. Now that I have three kids I only read after they have gone to bed or when my husband gives me some time to myself. Subtract the time I spend writing and working on other projects...well, you get the point. Limited time normally. But this weekend I let myself read during my free time and it was glorious.
As far as the books I read, all were fast reads. I especially enjoyed Epic Fail and Return to the Labyrinth. Ah...the Goblin King.
I will read anything, and I love getting book recommendations. Book snobs bother me. If you don't want to read something or a certain genre, fine. I'm cool with that. You don't have to like everything you read. You don't have to like what I like but don't judge me by what I read. I have certain people in my life who are extremely picky about what they read, and it borders on an image thing.
I get it to a degree. What we read says something about who we are, how we feed our curiosity and our creativity, what we are interested in. To me it seems like such a shame to limit what you read. There are so many amazing books out there.
What sort of reader are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment