Friday, September 26, 2014

Week in Review: Is it really the end of September?

How was your week?


Mine went too fast. Kids to teach, words to write, fun to have. And, amazingly, it's time for another book release. I have a regency coming out next Tuesday. This is a genre that isn't super comfortable for me, so we'll see what people think. I'm glad that I stretched myself in the writing of it, though. I like the characters, and in the end that's all that matters.

If I had to put the book into six words I'd say this: Life's not fair, count your blessings.

Or something like that.

Because I homeschool my three kids, my weeks can go one of two ways. They can either be very routine with each day looking like the previous one. Or they can be wildly varied. This week was the former, but I think I'm going to try to make them more like the latter. Getting stuck in a rut isn't fun, and while I love routines (and I do) I think it's good to try new and different things.

One of my newest endeavors is running. We joined the YMCA a few weeks ago, and so far I can run a mile without stopping. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I hope to run a 5K in November.

Now on to my week in review:


Words written: A lot, but not enough. Somewhere in the 10K to 15K range.

Books read: I finished Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra and Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman.

Projects Done: None, sadly. Hopefully next week I’ll get to do some sewing projects.

Playlist: I’ve been listening to a lot of the same music with my kids: Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Charli XCX. I’ve also been listening to some Justin Timberlake, Sam Smith, old Evanescence.

Places gone: Nowhere this week other than the local YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment