Thursday, October 1, 2015

Re-introductions

Birthdays always make me want to set new goals and dream new dreams. My middle son's seventh birthday is tomorrow, and I always wonder what the new age will bring. When he was born, I knew he was coming before I was in labor. He was three weeks early, and the morning he came I woke up sobbing because I knew I'd have another baby by the end of the day. I can't explain it. He was a placental abruption and he almost died. That sentence always shakes me to my core because it looks so vulgar and melodramatic, but it's also true. I don't talk about it very often.


Since I don't blog very often, I thought it might be a good time to share some other things about me. As a way of introduction I'm going to share five things that are important about me/to me.

1. I'm Catholic. I know that it's usually a huge taboo to talk about religion, but it's important to me. I love being Catholic. I love our traditions, steeped in ritual and iconography. I love that the Holy Spirit whispers on the wind. I love that when you walk into a holy space, your soul shivers. I love our prayers. I love our saints. I love our Pope.



2. I prefer cloudy/rainy days. Too much sun makes me anxious and stressed. I always feel calmer on cloudy days. Rainy days are bliss.

3. I really love animals. I have a dog, two cats, two toads, a lizard, and a hedgehog. And I'd still like more. Another dog. Maybe a rabbit. Another cat.

4. I ghostwrite. Look for a post about that in the near future.

5. I have so many of my own stories that I'm working on that I can barely contain my excitement.

Now it's your turn. Tell me something about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment