Friday, February 12, 2016

Week in Review

Last Friday-Saturday we took a trip up to Madison. On Saturday we went to Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin for their Scandahoovian festival. It was delightful.

Tuesday, Little Girl's Fifth Birthday was pretty awesome.

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, so we went to Mass and had Stone Soup afterward. Went to the store to pick up a few things, and I still had my cross on my forehead. A guy walked by me, and asked, "Is today Ash Wednesday?" I said yes, and he goes, "Aw, hell, why can't I ever remember that?" It made me laugh.

Going and Seeing:
1. Madison, Wisconsin
2. Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin
3. Monkey Joe's
4. Church
Books read:
 Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to read this week. When I have had time I've been reading a series called All-of-a-Kind Family. It's a kids' book series that I read when I was little. I'm loving the nostalgia!
Shows watched:
While technically not a show, this video is probably one of the best things I've ever seen. This gymnast is ah-may-zing!

Caught up on Pretty Little Liars.

Watched Dance Moms (still my ultimate guilty pleasure show.)

Am still loving Superstore. Have you seen it? It stars America Ferrera as a floor manager at a big box store. The characters are well done and hilarious.

Also watched the first episode of Project Runway Allstars. I'm kind of addicted to all the Project Runway shows.

My husband and I are rewatching The Office. Still one of my favorite shows of all time.
I'm starting a new story so I've been listening to some music to help get my ideas flowing. Here are three of them:

The World's Greatest by R. Kelly

I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly

Shots by Imagine Dragons

This story about a woman who was born in Auschwitz made me pause, remember, and think.

Pope Francis has a different idea about what we should give up for Lent this year.

Getting work done while having a cold.

Trying to decide where to go with my writing at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure Liz its been a challenge with the cold. God will give you the strength to over come it :)