Monday, April 4, 2016

Author Time Card

 One of my author friends was thinking about making herself a time card. I think it's a brilliant idea, and I want to try it for myself. (I'll get around to how I'm planning to implement the idea later in the post.)

 Being a writer can be a lonely profession. In addition to publishing my own novels, I freelance. Juggling both those jobs plus my kids and their homeschooling in addition to all the other just life can be hard. Add to that the fact that (like so many people) I'm not the best at time management. I feel bad admitting that, but it's the truth.

Using a time card will hopefully help me stay focused. I'm going to try to work a 40 hour work week this week, and next week I'm going to aim for a word count goal. Later this week I'll post my "time card" and update how it's going.

Tell me, how do you keep yourself on track if you work for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment