Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Relaunching into the Stratosphere



When I sat down to write this re-introduction post, I got to thinking about all the ways I plan on changing this blog. A writer writing about writing just doesn’t enthuse me as said writer. I’m sure that it works fine for some people, but that has never felt authentic to me. Because while, yes, I am a writer, there is also so much more to my life that defines me, and in turn defines my writing. So I thought, why not write about all of it? Why not turn this into an author lifestyle blog? Different than a regular lifestyle blog because all the things that I plan on writing about on this blog relate to my life as an author. The people, places, and things that I love.

So where does that leave us right now in the middle of a reintroduction post?
A: I plan to introduce myself to readers, old and new, of course.
As a writer I love words, but certain words that we use to define ourselves can also hem us in and feel limiting. That’s the problem with summing ourselves up into nice succinct packages, but I’m going to do it anyway.
I’m a mom and wife. I homeschool our three kids (an almost 10 year old boy, O, an almost 8 year old boy, E, and a 5 ½ year old girl, A.) Because I homeschool, I spend a lot of time with my kids, and most of my life is wrapped up with theirs.
I’m Catholic. My faith is important to me, and it will show up here. I geek out to all things related to nuns, saints, and relics. I love our traditions, and I love the mystery of faith. 

I’m a writer and an author. As a writer, I write lots of things that never get seen. It’s as an author that my work gets released into the world for consumption.
I’m a ghostwriter. I write books for other people. Once they leave my hands they belong to the other person entirely.
I’m a reader. I love almost all books. If you give me a suggestion, I’ll read it eventually.
I like to travel. My favorite place to go is South Dakota, but I also like to go on new adventures.

I love my family and friends. I love seeing them do well.
Which brings me to the kinds of things to expect on my new and improved author lifestyle blog.  I’ll be writing about the things I like, about topics that interest me, book reviews, and even some bits and pieces of my writing. There will also be fantastic guest contributors featured over the next few months.
I’m really excited about this new direction for my blog, and if you are reading, I’m really happy that you are here. Keep coming back for some great content!

No comments:

Post a Comment