Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Day

When I was eight years old, my dad took me to see one of the presidential candidates make a speech. We couldn't get in, the place was so packed. But we did get to see the candidate drive by and wave. That was enough to get me hooked.

Election night that same year we went to a party thrown at a local hotel to wait for the election results come in. I spent the majority of the evening writing vaguely rude things about the other candidate on balloons. (Things like "candidate name is a baby butt.") We lost. But it didn't matter. I loved the whole thing.

I've voted in every election, local and national, since I turned eighteen. And today is no exception. I cast my vote, and later on when my kids and I were taking a walk by the river we actually saw a bald eagle flying. Pretty cool.

It's not to late to get out to your polling place and vote. It's important. Today more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment